Thursday 16 February 2012

Post Weekend Baking

Hey dolls :)
So this week has been jam packed with exam studies, coffee meet-ups and a little retail therapy; meaning not much time to just sit down and relax. Or bake, in my case.
Baking is something I thoroughly enjoy during my free time (well, after shopping of course!), and so after a quick trip to the supermarket, I decided to sink myself into the wonderful world of cookie dough and kitchen utensils.
Flicking through the recipe book sparks off my indecisive imagination, struggling through the dessert section, I immediately found my perfect bake; Triple Chocolate Cookies.
Simple yet classic, just like a Chanel 2.55- the true way to a women's heart (chocolate or handbags, I mean).

I followed a straight forward (if you don't count the trolley full of ingredients) recipe, taking what seemed like a life time of rushing around, cleaning spoons and hot-oven waves making my palms sweat, I came to a conclusion that eating a ladle full of triple chocolate cookie dough is not great when working towards the perfect beach body.

Preheat the oven to 180C, fan 160C, gas 4. Using an electric mixer, whisk together 150g unsalted butter, 100g light brown soft sugar, 75g caster sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk in 150g melted dark chocolate and 1 beaten egg. Beat 175g plain flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, a pinch of salt and 150g each of milk and white chocolate, in chunks. Spoon rounds onto 2 baking trays lined with baking parchment. Bake for 12 minutes.

...See, I told you there was a trolley full of ingredients!



What are your favourite sweet treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment