Monday 5 September 2011

DIY; Newspaper Nails

Hey :)
So I was searching the net for some creative nail art inspiration and I came across a very popular trend. Newspaper style nail art is increasing madly through out the internet, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and have a go;
As you can see, I painted my nails a turquoise colour, then printed the newspaper on top. I admit, it was a pretty poor attempt as the boldness and shading of font varies around the nail :L
It is a lot harder than it sounds!!

Try it yourself
  • Paint your nail a colour of your choice (personally I think the bolder and brighter, the better).
  • Dip your nail into an alcohol contained liquid (In my case I used mouthwash)
  • Place a small strip of newspaper on top of your nail, holding it completely still for around 30 seconds.
  • Gently peel the strip of newspaper from your nail.
  • Coat your nail in a fine layer of clear nail varnish to add extra protection and to give a pretty shine.
  • Repeat for every single nail, and Voila!  
Good luck, and get creative!!
Milly xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment